Town of Geneseo - 1789
Livingston County, New York
You are the 31590 visitor, since 11/03/97.
1872 map of Geneseo provided by Paul T. Culley
|McCallion||c1795||Lakeville-Groveland Rd, 1 mile south of Lakeville||+21|
|Mount Pleasant||1823||Corner of Rte 20A and 390, 4 mi. east of village||+1000|
|Saint Mary's||1873||Village of Geneseo, Crossett Rd.||+2000|
|Temple Hill||c1790||Village of Geneseo, Rte 20A||+4000|
TOWN CLERK : Jean Bennett, 119 Main Street, Geneseo, NY 14454
TOWN HISTORIAN : David W. Parish, 119 Main St., Geneseo, NY 14454, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
American Legion, J. Livingston Wadsworth Post 271, Box 375, Geneseo.
Livingston County Historical Society, 30 Center Street, (585)243-9147
Temple Hill Cemetery Assoc., Temple Hill, Geneseo, NY 14454 (585)243-3440
Veterans of Foreign Wars, Geneseo Memorial Post No.1346, Geneseo.
Veterans of Foreign Wars, Frederick Totten Post No.5005, Geneseo.
Assembly of God, 2 Haley Avenue, Geneseo, (585)243-3361
Central Presbyterian Church, 31 Center Street, Geneseo, (585)243-0669
Cornerstone Baptist Church, 4232 Reservoir Rd, Geneseo, (585)243-4514
Geneseo Baptist Church, 26 Center Street, Geneseo, (585)243-0200
Interfaith Center(Unitarian Universalist Services), Geneseo, (585)243-1460
Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 4631 Lakeville Road, Geneseo, (585)243-0130
St.Mary's Catholic Church, 4 Avon Road, Geneseo, (585)243-1100
St.Michael's Episcopal, 23 Main Street, Geneseo, (585)243-1220
Shepherd's Fold Church and Ministries, 109 Main St (585)243-4375
[Geneseo] Originally called "Big Tree," from the immense elm tree that stood on the banks of the river near the village. (back)
[Geneseo Academy] This institution is located on Temple Hill, in the E. part of the village. The buildings were erected in 1826. James Wadsworth was principally instrumental in starting the school. It is under the control of the Buffalo Synod. (back)
[village] Wm. and James Wadsworth settled in town in 1790. They came from Durham,Conn., with a small party, and located on the present site of the village. Richard Steele kept the first inn, in 1793, and Hall & Miner the first store, in 1794. (back)
[the town] The census reports 5 churches; 2 Presb., M.E., Prot. E., and R.C. (back)
© Copyright Livingston County, New York GenWeb